Is your boat not able to gain speed? Adjusting the mast will be useful to make it go faster in close-hauled sailing and other sailing points.
The aim of this workshop is that of providing you with the instruments to adjust the main mast, starting from the mast heel position to the rake in a condition of true wind of 8-10 knots. Then, the workshop will concentrate on how to build a chart concerning forestay, shroud and backstay regulation, which will allow you to obtain the best sails’ shape and the best boat’s balance in every weather condition.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
During the workshop the attendee will learn:
- How the rake, the mast heel regulation and the partner affect the shape of the mainsail, boat’s strength and rudder’s fluidity
- How the vertical and diagonal shroud regulation will affect the work of the mast leeward and the longitudinal shape of the mast during close-hauled sailing
- How forestay regulation affects the catenry curve and the jibs’ shape
- How backstay use is important to lean sails, increasing boat speed
- How to use the mast jack system
- How the Turing Guide has to be read and implemented
- How a mast regulation table must be done
Through this workshop, if carried out directly on your boat, we will prepare a mast regulation chart applicable to all weather conditions that will enable your to have always the best calibration of your boat!
TO WHOM IS IT ADDRESSED?
To skippers who have just bought a new sail set and that race in every sailing category. Furthermore, the workshop is particularly indicated to those cruise sailors who wants to sail at the safest conditions.
HOW IS IT ORGANISED?
The workshop is made up of different phases that can be carried out independently: 1) In-class theory; 2) On-board tuning; 3) Boat set-up.
In your sailing club in every part of Italy and Europe.
To be confirmed.
Duccio Colombi: 4 times World Champion, twice European Champion and 11 times Italian Champion and sport training expert.
Roberto Spata: 17 Italian Championships, 6 European Championships and 5 World Championships in the role of helmsman, tactician and trimmer and an expert of boat fine tuning.
Diogo Cayolla: Portuguese Olympic athlete on board Star, 49er and Tornado, many times World and European Champion in many classes.
FOR INFORMATION AND ENROLMENTS
firstname.lastname@example.org +39 3461366308