80% of the problems of growth, improvement and failure to achieve performance both in life and team sport are due to inefficient communication.
If anarchy reigns on your boat, if everyone speaks and has their say, or if your tactician, tailer or helmsman is very good but at the most important moment fails to be understood, it’s time to call Phi!Number. The same goes for coaches who have to communicate with their athletes.
The seminar explores issues related to the flow of information – on board and on shore – of a team aiming to achieve competitive goals, by indicating the necessary tools for efficient communication. It takes place in classroom or on your boat through an indoor theoretical session and a practical course at sea. The workshop includes the handing of educational material, viewing of slides and exercises on board.
Who is it for?
Sailors, owners, coaches and sailing instructors who intend to create the “focus”. Being this a harmonious, performing and concentrated atmosphere on board and on shore in their team.
– Efficient communication during, before and after the race;
– Reach concentration without distraction during performance;
– Avoid confusion on board during maneuvers;
– Avoid overlay of roles and skills on board and ashore;
– Learn to “listen” to the boat;
– Avoid misunderstandings during agitated actions (departures, halfway points, crossings and melee);
– Reach a state of serenity to take the most out of the crew;
– Correct mistakes without creating conflicts.
1. Communication priorities
– what is communication;
– the rules of communication;
– the importance of silence;
– phase communication during regattas;
2. Roles and communication
– sector divided communication;
– communication of the bowman, tactician and navigator;
– mainsail trimmer-helmsman communication;
– tailer-helmsman communication;
– the role of the central man;
3. Communication methods
– one to one;
– numbers, times, distances;
– briefing and de-briefing;
– the three C: Common Communication Code;
4. Main disturbing factors
– recovery maneuvers;
– respect the ego of others;
– talking about opponents;
– representing the strengths and weaknesses of the boat and team;
– representation of the mistake;
– information, not blame.
Duccio Colombi: creator and founder of Phi!Number, Duccio has dedicated his life to training and preparation of competitive figures in the sport field.
Stefano Zenaboni: psychotherapist, Stefano works in Phi!Number’s teams which require mental training to optimise the performance of athletes.
Info and registration
It’s possible to request a customised clinic. The seminar is limited number access and registration is required. For more info and to book your place, write to:
On your boat, at your sailing club and in major Italian cities.
100% of ranking improvements
Our sailing teams have always improved their ranking from before.
Optimized times and seasonal costs by making the right choices from the very start!
0% quayside rumours
Providing tools to be fully aware of any technical subject on which to make choices.
14 years of experience
The first one in Italy to have had this idea. Choose the original!
Boat optimization >
Crew recruiting >
Technical training >
Find a boat >
Nautical services >
Request assistance >
Business training >